Sales Tax Consulting Services
Schedule a Strategy Session with U.S. Business
Why Strategize with Scott:
Scott Letourneau is known as the entity structure and sales tax expert. E-commerce sellers and tax firms from around the world have sought him out for his sales tax consulting services. Over the last 25 years, he has helped thousands of entrepreneurs launch their U.S. business with confidence.
Scott has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars with top attorneys, SALT (sales and local tax), CPA, and other experts over the years. He can summarize the big picture for your strategy with the steps that make sense and lead you to the action steps moving forward.
If you don’t have the right professionals on your team, he can direct you to the best based on your needs.
Scott’s background is in business financing and producing results, which is another reason he is one of the top sales tax consultants. He has been on many speaking stages around the world and sharing his strategies and insights on webinars with multiple e-commerce and entrepreneurial groups.
Strategy Areas Covered:
Scott will cover everything including which type of U.S. structure is best, which state is best, how many structures, U.S. banking options, which type of assets will be protected, which states have you triggered nexus and need to register for sales tax permits (even if marketplace facilitator such as Amazon is collecting), the sales tax permit process, behind on sales tax strategies, U.S. taxes, what you should be asking your CPA or attorney (if you don’t have the best resource, he will refer you to the best). Other areas that can be discussed are sales tax on services by state.
If you need a complete sales and use tax consultant who also understands structuring and income tax nexus, Scott is your best choice.
We provide sales tax consulting services for all 45 states with sales tax and D.C. Popular states for our sales tax consulting services include Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Texas, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Vermont, and Washington.
Strategies Scott covers in a strategy call for an E-Commerce Seller:
- U.S. sales tax responsibilities based on selling on Amazon.com FBA or other e-commerce platforms. Sales tax responsibilities include an evaluation of the 45 states with sales tax (and D.C.), the 30 Amazon FBA states, 44 economic nexus states, 42 marketplace facilitator states, and the 11 notice and reporting states (which are subject to change over time).
- Shopify sales tax requirements are different from an Amazon seller since Shopify is not a marketplace facilitator. These sales tax issues include an evaluation of economic nexus requirements, Shopify payments requirements, U.S. entity options with no SSN, dropshipping exemption certificate requirements.
- How to properly handle your U.S. tax returns if you are not current with your filings and what you need to do to avoid an audit. (typically a three-year lag time).
- Find out your requirements if your country has a tax treaty with the U.S.- Note*: You are still subject to tax laws, even if your home country has an existing tax treaty with the U.S. (one client received an IRS tax penalty of $292K due to filing an incorrect U.S. tax return).
- Learn what your sales tax responsibilities are as a foreign seller and the misconceptions that have cost Amazon sellers a fortune (has nothing to do with pending federal sales tax legislation). Are you behind on sales tax? Find out what issues to avoid to prevent penalties that can exceed 100% of your tax liability.
- Have you been advised to skip U.S. sales tax altogether? Discover why the states are onto you and why a sales tax audit is the most crippling of any U.S. audit.
- Learn the steps needed to get back on track while selling in the U.S. Find out if your best option is through a foreign entity or perhaps a U.S. entity.
- How do you remit U.S. sales tax without a U.S. bank account, and what will that cost you? Discover the cost of compliance for a real U.S. brand as an Amazon seller and what you need to consider with our cash flow.
- Discover the critical points for U.S. based e-commerce sellers, which states is registration required, what do you need to know, including income nexus overview.
- Learn what you need to know to establish a U.S. bank account (travel is required, but not enough).
Imagine having clarity after 30-45 minutes on these issues, so you have a plan for your business moving forward. Scott has done all the research needed to simplify this entire process.
Who has Worked with Scott? Clients, Partners, and Joint Ventures:
Scott has worked with such top brands such as Shopify, Sears, Avask Accountants, and business consultants, Catching Clouds, Taxify, SOVOS, and numerous CPA and law firms. Scott has also worked with top entrepreneurs, including Jay Abraham, the late Chet Holmes, Spike Humer, Nik Halik, Sandy Botkin CPA/Tax attorney, Todd Falcone, and many more successful global e-commerce sellers.
Clarity is Confidence:
Scott’s goal is to be able to digest your complicated situation and give you action steps to move forward with confidence. Scott will connect you with the best team to support you moving forward, which will save you a fortune in time and money (and help you avoid costly mistakes).
Your Investment Options.
Complete Asset Protection & Sales Tax Blueprint Road Map & Video with Action Steps. Includes…
$2500.00 (Limited Availability)
- • Two 45-minute strategy calls and email summary (one before and after your Blueprint Road Map is created
- • Asset Protection & Sales Tax Blueprint Road Map in a power-point with video
- • You will have a diagram of your plan and actions steps to implement
- Make investment with payment link above and schedule your appointment on Scott’s calendar.
- The appointment will be scheduled with a Zoom link or if you prefer to call the office directly. You are welcome to add your team, or CPA to the Zoom meeting or call.
- When you register there are questions to answer that will help with your strategy session. Separately, you may email a summary of your questions to [email protected] subject “Strategy Session Questions for Scott” 1-2 days before your scheduled call.
- Your call may be rescheduled with 24 hour notice. Missed calls without proper notice will not be refunded or credited to another call.
*After submitting your payment on the thank you page, you will be able to schedule your appointment.
Listen to what others say about consulting with Scott: